It was so hard to pick a best part of the past week that I had to take the whole day to figure out what it was! And frankly, that didn’t help much, so I decided a smattering of bests was what it was going to be.
In honor of my beloved Spoiled Yogi and her lists, here are the top five Best Parts of the past week:
1. Fiona’s first four molars are in! In case we have not mentioned it, molars are exceptionally poor at their entrance. They could really benefit from a few weeks of social etiquette training: like “Say hello before stabbing someone really hard and forcing your way into the room.” But they have at long last arrived in all of their pearly white glory and we are mighty grateful that they are finally here. (Yes – we know there’s a whole other round of molars just waiting in the wings but we are comfortably in denial about that.)
2. It’s October. In San Francisco. Which means it’s warm. Yipppeee!
3. Fiona sometimes gets mad when Daddy leaves the room. This may not sound like much (or even a good thing) but to me this is AMAZING. The fact that she wants someone other than Mommy Mommy Mommy all the time is really pretty refreshing. As long as she doesn’t take it too far and always likes Mommy the best.
4. It’s October. In San Francisco. Which means it’s warm. Yipppeee! Yes – I know I already said it. But it bares repeating. Seriously. It’s warm like three days a year here. Let me have my moment.
5. And Fiona’s 37th word is “Mommy”. Ok so we don’t really know what number word it is but just after Fiona named important things like pumpkins and bananas and peacocks and duckies, Fiona finally, finally, said the best word of all: “Mommy!” There is no better sound to Mama’s ears.
Now go out and enjoy your week. Cause Halloween’s a-coming! Can you guess what the pup and sippy cup are going to be this year?
* * * * *
“Best Part” is an on-going Monday Series of happiness. Each week Mama highlights the best part of the week before so that she can remember all the adorable moment that childhood brings – especially in those moments that feel like the opposite. If you are inspired to do the same leave a comment about your “Best Part” below.
* * * * *